Pistachio nuts are not only tasty and fun to eat but also super healthy. These edible seeds of the ‘Pistacia vera tree’ contain healthy fats and are a good source of protein, fiber, and antioxidants.
What’s more, they contain several essential nutrients and can aid weight loss and heart and gut health. Daily consumption of nuts and especially this delicious nut has been proven to ensure the health of the human body and that is why most people all over the world pay special attention to the daily consumption of nuts.
While eating nuts has many health benefits, they’re typically high in calories.
Pistachio shopping guide
Fortunately, pistachios are among the lowest-calorie nuts. You can buy pistachios in bulk and in packages. However, it is very important to buy from reputable suppliers and exporters of nuts. Before buying the product, you can request a sample from the seller and check the following items in the received sample:
- Pistachio shell color should be high quality, clean, and without stains.
- Pistachio kernels should not be moldy.
- High-quality pistachios are either completely smiling or one side of it has a completely open slit. Do not buy pistachios with cracks in the body.
- If the number of closed pistachios in a handful of pistachios is high, do not buy it.
- Closed pistachios are a sign of its immaturity. If the pistachio is ripe, at least one side will crack. In addition, it is difficult to break closed pistachios.
- Pistachios should be uniform in size and appearance.
- The part of the pistachio kernel that is visible should be purple, reddish-gray, or purple and brown, depending on the type. The color of pistachio kernels varies from yellow to light and dark green. The greener the pistachio kernel, the better it tastes.
- Pistachio kernels should be tasty and not have a bitter or unpleasant taste.
- If the pistachio kernel is soft, it indicates that it has been stored in a moist place. Do not buy these pistachios.
- Pistachio kernels should not be too dry and wrinkled.
- Avoid buying colored pistachios. They are usually dyed to remove stains on pistachio skins. If you pay attention, it becomes clear that the color of pistachios is not natural.
Undoubtedly, the purchase and consumption of this valuable nut must be done with great care and from reputable brands. Citrono brand presents raw pistachios (unshelled), raw and roasted pistachio kernels using modern methods of packaging.